19 Nov Styling Faux Furr
- Living in the Northern hemisphere & in desperate need of styling tips for the seasons coldest coming up?
- Seeking to feel cozy & warm while also looking super chic & stylish?
- Genuinely love Vague Persona & going to continue reading regardless if the first two questions relate to you or not?
Before getting straight into tonights post, would just love to give a warm welcome to all the newbies who have kindly decided to give Vague Persona a visit. Hopefully you guys will like what you’re seeing & reading ensuring that we can connect & interact with each other. A friendly reminder that if you have any questions be sure to leave them down in the comment section below & I will gladly answer them.
Australia is going into summer & vast majority of you guys are probably wondering why theres content on faux fur. Well only recently I had decided on making sure that I’m inclusive with all my readers. Thanks to a lot of my research & browsing I’ve noticed that a few of my followers are from the Northern Hemisphere such as Canada/UK/Tokyo which prompted me to make this post.
When thinking of faux fur, societies perception of it usually represents extravagance, glam, & vintage celebrities. There are lots of ways to incorporate faux fur into your wardrobe, but the most classic way is definitely a coat. Fur coats have had a controversial history in & out of the fashion industry. Overtime due to how incredible modern technology is, you can now essentially produce faux fur with the same level of softness, quality and warmth as real fur, which makes the argument for real fur much harder. This enables designers to be able to cater a wider target audience who don’t support animal cruelty.
My top 4 Styling tips for faux fur
- Traditional faux fur colours are usually different shades of brown, black, beige grey & pale grey. Looking for a more modern & trendy look? Then I definitely suggest you wear a fur jacket that has fun bright colours such as pink or a chevron print faux fur
- If looking for a statement piece then an animal print faux fur should do the trick. It’ll stand out!
- A more extravagant look I went for was the long fur coat. This can be styled with long thigh high boots & a short dress.
- Add a wide brim hat and large sunglasses to look mysterious and to give off a bit of retro flair.
Shoes & Dress; Meshki
*The white faux fur is from an all vintage outlet, ASOS Marketplace. Unfortunately this one is a vintage 1/1 but similar ones can be found on ASOS marketplace.